Monday 14 December 2015

KTN Swahili News anchor Ahmed Darwesh found dead in his house



                                                   RIP Ahmed Darwesh

KTN Swahili News anchor was found dead in his house according to blogger Robert Alai . Ahmed Darwesh died quietly yesterday evening on his sofa. He has been fighting Diabetes for a while. 

This was his last news brief that he did over the weekend before he passed on on Monday



What Kenyans said about the fallen Journalist 

Robert Alai Onyango

Ahmed Darwesh of KTN has died quietly on his sofa after suffering for some time from Diabetes. Body at Mater. Great TV presenter. Presented news like a prpfessional. Never gave biased opinion. He just did his job. Great guy. Miss him and Njoroge Mwaura. ‪#‎RIPDarwesh‬


Let me tell you about the Ahmed Darwesh I knew. Daru, as we all called him was a gentleman in every sense of that word. When I joined KTN in April 2008, he was already at the top of his game and down to earth to a fault. Before I had a car, Daru stayed around after anchoring the 7pm Swahili news until I had finished editing my 9pm business story so he could drop me home. We both lived in South B but dropping me outside my doorstep still took him a little out of his way. Keep in mind that he was a boldface named prime time anchor and I was a struggling business reporter so I would ordinarily not even show in his radar. If he travelled, he would let me use his car and even leave it fuelled. That was always an excuse for me to join him and his lovely family for beautiful meals whenever I was 'passing by.' Even at work, he paid for too many lunches that I can count, usually at a selection of Swahili restaurants with delicious food I couldn't yet afford. This picture was taken at Khan el-Khalili Market in Cairo. He had used his many connections and set up a week-long reporting trip to Egypt including a tour of the pyramids and Alexandria. You can still see him in part 1 of my report here https://youtu.be/Vttz2geLdq0?t=2m33s. He was a big brother to me in this big city, helping me create a career on television. Even after I left KTN and moved away, we remained fast friends and it was always a joy to see him whenever our paths crossed. I used to tease him about his signature line: 'Wakubwa hamjambo, wadogo mmeshindaje. Hii ni KTN Leo chaguo lako, wanakwetu wananiita Ahmed Darwesh' and he would grin indulgently. Daru was a kind, compassionate and funny man who was a gift to broadcast journalism. I am privileged to have known him. Rest In Peace, my friend. Shukran


Daniel "Churchill" Ndambuki aka Mwalimu King'ang'i

BREAKING NEWS
It's with great sorrow to learn that KTN Swahili TV Presenter Mr. Ahmed Darwesh has passed away. He was found dead on his sofa set in his house. He has been suffering from diabetes. Pole comrade. Good night/RIP till we meet again. Just like or type any consolation message in solidarity with this powerful presenter.

I Will Forever Be Greatful to God For The Opportunity He Gave Me to Interact with you Dharwesh when I was An Intern At KTN...Your Kind Gestures to the least is unspeakable And will Remain In Our Hearts. May God Comfort Your family and All That Are Saddened by Your Departure...Go Well My Brother and Rest In Peace Dharwesh...!!!
Inna Lillahi Wa inna illehi Ra Jioon. Rest in Peace Ahmed Dharwesh . A gentleman in every which way. We shall miss you. May Allah give your family Shifaa & grant u Jannatul Firdaus. Till we meet on the other side brother.


Mkalla Wa Mwambodze
2 hrs ·
Lala salama ndugu yangu Ahmed Darwesh 'Daru' ! Mtaa wa kwa onyango, mtopanga tumejawa na simanzi.
Kwake Allah (SWT) ndiko tutokako, na
Kwake ndiko yaliko marejeo yetu. Kalamu ya Mola
haina makosa! Ni huzuni jamani. Mungu awape nguvu familia....Mungu awape nguvu.

BREAKING NEWS
We are sorry to inform you that KTN Swahili TV Presenter Mr. Ahmed Darwesh has passed away. He was found dead on his sofa set in his house. He has been suffering from diabetes. Pole comrade. Good night/RIP till we meet again. Just like or type any consolation message in solidarity with this powerful presenter.


We loved you but God loved you more. Rest In Peace Ahmed Dharwesh.

Indeed my very sincere condolences to the family and friends of the late Ahmed Dharwesh of KTN. Plucked so soon, what a loss! R.I.P. bro.

Ahmed Dharwesh passes on,after fighting with diabetes for a long time -RIP One of the best Swahili news anchor -Ktn

R.I.P Ahmed Dharwesh. Condolences to the friends and family. You will be forever in our hearts.